Courseware for Entrepreneurship and small business
This course provides a hands-on experience working inside Entrepreneurship and Small Business, that will show competency at an industry associate-level and is college and career ready. You will be able to demonstrate the correct application of the principal features of Entrepreneurship and Small Business and complete tasks independently.
MSi ESB Courseware Introduction:
Entrepreneurship and Small Business Certification
The ESB certification is built to test and validate foundation-level concepts and knowledge in entrepreneurship and small business management. These core concepts include entrepreneurship; recognizing and evaluating opportunities; planning for, starting, and operating a business; marketing and sales; venture capital and seed funding; and financial management.
Includes the following features
Each course includes a complete e-textbook. The topics are chunked and embedded. Ideal for informing discussions or assigning homework.
Listen - a read-along feature designed to support auditory learners is available in every course. This feature is available at the top of every topic page. Simply click on the "play" icon and start listening.
Comprehensive Grade Book
Save valuable time by eliminating the need to create additional lessons. All MSi courses generate grades automatically from students as they complete knowledge checks, practice activities, quizzes, and projects. These grades are automatically entered into the MSi LMS (Learning Management System). You can easily import these grades into your district's grade book.
Assessments to Track Progress
Easily measure your students learning gains and identify any knowledge gaps. At the beginning of every chapter, there is a pre-assessment. Once students have completed the chapter there will be a post-assessment. You’ll see these scores immediately so you can proceed accordingly.
To make it easier to concentrate, MSi offers a Focus Mode. This tool removes elements on the page that can be distracting. We’ve found this feature to be very helpful, particularly for visual learners.
Course Completion Badge
Share accomplishments! Upon completion of the course with a grade of 80% or higher, students are eligible for a course completion badge that is designed to be displayed on LinkedIn and other social media channels.
Course Completion Certificate
Showcase success! After completion of the course with a grade of 80% or higher, students are eligible for a printable course completion certificate.
- Topic 1A: The Entrepreneur
- Activity 1.1 What Characteristics Make a Good Entrepreneur
- Activity 1.2 Knowledge Check
- Topic 1B: Types of Entrepreneurs
- Activity 1.3 Types of Entrepreneurs
- Topic 1C: Risks and Rewards of an Entrepreneur
- Activity 1.4: Decision Making 1
- Activity 1.4: Decision Making 2
- Activity 1.4 : Decision Making 3
- Chapter 1 Project 1
- Topic 2A: Business Opportunities
- Activity 2.1: Identify the Type of Business Opportunity
- Topic 2B: Business Ideas and Business Opportunity
- Activity 2.2: Scenario 1
- Activity 2.2 Scenario 2
- Activity 2.2 Scenario 3
- Topic 2C: The Demands for Goods or Services
- Activity 2.3 Scenario 1
- Activity 2.3 Scenario 2
- Activity 2.3 Scenario 3
- Topic 2D: Identify the Customers or Potential Customers for a Business
- Activity 2.4 Knowledge Check
- Topic 2E: Recognize a Value Proposition
- Activity 2.5: Recognize a Value Proposition
- Chapter 2 Project 2
- Topic 3A: The Business Plan
- Activity 3.1 Knowledge Check
- Topic 3B: Types of Small Business Legal Structures
- Activity 3.2 Knowledge Check
- Topic 3C: Start-up Funding
- Activity 3.3 Knowledge Check
- Topic 3D: Angel Investors
- Topic 3E: Cash Reserves and Emergency Funds
- Activity 3.4 Knowledge Check
- Topic 3F: Licenses, Permits, Regulations
- Activity 3.5 Knowledge Check
- Topic 3G: Support for Small Businesses
- Activity 3.6 Knowledge Check
- Topic 3H: Exit Strategies
- Activity 3.7 Knowledge Check
- Chapter 3 Project 3
- Topic 4A: Organizational Employee Levels
- Activity 4.1 Knowledge Check
- Topic 4B: Human Capital and Compensation
- Activity 4.2 Knowledge Check
- Topic 4C: Hiring Factors and Tax Implications
- Activity 4.3 Scenario 1
- Activity 4.3 Scenario 2
- Activity 4.3 Scenario 3
- Activity 4.3 Scenario 4
- Topic 4D: Intellectual Property
- Activity 4.4 Scenario 1
- Activity 4.4 Scenario 2
- Topic 4E: Standard Operating Procedures
- Activity 4.5 Scenario 1
- Activity 4.5 Scenario 2
- Activity 4.5 Scenario 3
- Topic 4F: Sustainability
- Activity 4.6 Scenario 1
- Activity 4.6 Scenario 2
- Activity 4.6 Scenario 3
- Chapter 4 Project 4
- Topic 5A: Develop a Sales Strategy
- Activity 5.1 Knowledge Check
- Topic 5B: SWOT Analysis
- Activity 5.2 Knowledge Check
- Topic 5C: Social Media and Advertising
- Activity 5.3 Scenario 1
- Activity 5.3 Scenario 2
- Activity 5.3 Scenario 3
- Chapter 5 Project 5
- Topic 6A: Financial Statements Overview
- Activity 6.1 Knowledge Check
- Topic 6B: The Income Statement
- Activity 6.2 Knowledge Check
- Topic 6C: The Balance Sheet
- Activity 6.3 Knowledge Check
- Assessment 6.3 Understanding the Balance Sheet
- Topic 6D: The Cash Flow Statement
- Activity 6.4 Knowledge Check
- Topic 6E: Equity Statement
- Activity 6.5 Knowledge Check
- Topic 6F: The Break-even Point
- Activity 6.6 Knowledge Check
- Topic 6G: Credit Rating
- Activity 6.7 Scenario 1
- Activity 6.7 Scenario 2
- Chapter 6 Project 6
- ESB Exam
K-12 Specific Features
Students self enroll and register using an easy to use token registration key provided to teachers. Students are automatically added to period groups.
Password reset options are emailed to teachers to allow teachers to reset a student’s password.
Grade reporting allows students and teachers to view grades. Includes a comprehensive gradebook which allows grades that can be exported to a CSV or Excel file. Grades can be imported into your district or institutions gradebook.
Classes are branded for the institution or instructor with a custom logo.
Focused on the industry certification domain objectives.
Support you can depend on*
*Our exceptional customer support is always included. Fine print not needed.
At MSi, we are dedicated to your success. We want you to feel comfortable coming to us to ask questions. This is what we do for a living, and we love our job! Our helpful customer support team is based in the United States, friendly, and ready to assist. We are here to help you through the entire process. We’ll give you detailed instructions to enroll your students, set up your courses, and answer any questions you may have along the way. MSi takes pride in providing customer support you can depend on.
WHAT OUR TEACHER'S SAY
MSi has it all. They can offer you everything. They offer the curriculum, They can give you everything every student needs.