Courseware for computing fundamentals
This course provides a hands-on experience working inside Computing Fundamentals, that will show competency at an industry associate-level and is college and career ready. You will be able to demonstrate the correct application of the principal features of Computing Fundamentals and complete tasks independently.
MSi IC3 Courseware Introduction:
Designed to help you get certified
MSi’s courseware prepares you for the Microsoft Office Specialist Exam. The exam is a 50-minute exam that can be administered remotely by MSi or through a local testing center. Being certified as a Microsoft Office Specialist demonstrates you have the skills needed to get the most out of Office.
Includes the following features
Listen - a read-along feature designed to support auditory learners is available in every course. This feature is available at the top of every topic page. Simply click on the "play" icon and start listening.
Comprehensive Grade Book
Save valuable time by eliminating the need to create additional lessons. All MSi courses generate grades automatically from students as they complete knowledge checks, practice activities, quizzes, and projects. These grades are automatically entered into the MSi LMS (Learning Management System). You can easily import these grades into your district's grade book.
Assessments to Track Progress
Easily measure your students learning gains and identify any knowledge gaps. At the beginning of every chapter, there is a pre-assessment. Once students have completed the chapter there will be a post-assessment. You’ll see these scores immediately so you can proceed accordingly.
To make it easier to concentrate, MSi offers a Focus Mode. This tool removes elements on the page that can be distracting. We’ve found this feature to be very helpful, particularly for visual learners.
Course Completion Badge
Share accomplishments! Upon completion of the course with a grade of 80% or higher, students are eligible for a course completion badge that is designed to be displayed on LinkedIn and other social media channels.
Course Completion Certificate
Showcase success! After completion of the course with a grade of 80% or higher, students are eligible for a printable course completion certificate.
- Chapter 1: Introduction to Computers
- Topic 1A: Core Computer Characteristics
- Activity 1.1 Knowledge Check
- Topic 1B: Storage Devices
- Activity 1.2 Knowledge Check
- Topic 1C: Expanding your Computer Devices
- Video 1.3 Install a Networking Adapter
- Virtual Activity 1.3 Install a Network Adapter
- Topic 1D: Cloud Concepts
- Activity 1.4 Knowledge Check
- Project 1 Knowledge Check
- Chapter 2: Computer Operating Systems
- Topic 2A: Operating System Software
- Activity 2.1: Knowledge Check
- Topic 2B: File Naming Conventions
- Activity 2.2: Knowledge Check
- Topic 2C: File Naming Extensions
- Activity 2.3: Knowledge Check
- Topic 2D: The Windows Firewall
- Activity 2.4: Knowledge Check
- Chapter 3: Mobile Devices
- Topic 3A: Comparing Laptops, Tablets and Smartphones
- Activity 3.1 Knowledge Check
- Topic 3B: Mobile Devices – Smartphones
- Activity 3.2 Knowledge Check
- Topic 3C: Mobile Devices – Tablets
- Activity 3.3 Knowledge Check
- Topic 3D: SMS and Instant Messaging
- Activity 3.4 Knowledge Check
- Chapter 4: Computer Equipment and Common Problems
- Topic 4A: Managing User Accounts and Permissions
- Virtual Activity 4.1 Add a New Account
- Topic 4B: Backing up your Computer
- Virtual Activity 4.2 Add a Password to an Account
- Topic 4C: Restoring your Computer
- Activity 4.3 Knowledge Check
- Topic 4D: Malicious Software
- Virtual Activity 4.4 Create a System Restore point
- Virtual Activity 4.6 Deny User Permissions
- Activity 4.5 Knowledge Check
- Chapter 5: General Computer Knowledge
- Topic 5A: Types of Network
- Topic 5B: Internet Protocol
- Activity 5.2 Knowledge Check
- Topic 5C: Understanding Web Terminology
- Activity 5.3 Knowledge Check
- Topic 5D: Web Apps Versus Local Apps
- Activity 5.4 Knowledge Check
- Topic 5E: File and Application Management
K-12 Specific Features
Students self enroll and register using an easy to use token registration key provided to teachers. Students are automatically added to period groups.
Password reset options are emailed to teachers to allow teachers to reset a student’s password.
Grade reporting allows students and teachers to view grades. Includes a comprehensive gradebook which allows grades that can be exported to a CSV or Excel file. Grades can be imported into your district or institutions gradebook.
Classes are branded for the institution or instructor with a custom logo.
Focused on the industry certification domain objectives.
Support you can depend on*
*Our exceptional customer support is always included. Fine print not needed.
At MSi, we are dedicated to your success. We want you to feel comfortable coming to us to ask questions. This is what we do for a living, and we love our job! Our helpful customer support team is based in the United States, friendly, and ready to assist. We are here to help you through the entire process. We’ll give you detailed instructions to enroll your students, set up your courses, and answer any questions you may have along the way. MSi takes pride in providing customer support you can depend on.
WHAT OUR TEACHER'S SAY
MSi has it all. They can offer you everything. They offer the curriculum, They can give you everything every student needs.