Courseware for Living online 2019
This course provides a hands-on experience working inside Living Online, that will show competency at an industry associate-level and is college and career ready. You will be able to demonstrate the correct application of the principal features of Living Online and complete tasks independently.
Designed to help you get certified
MSi’s courseware prepares you for the Microsoft Office Specialist Exam. The exam is a 50-minute exam that can be administered remotely by MSi or through a local testing center. Being certified as a Microsoft Office Specialist demonstrates you have the skills needed to get the most out of Office.
Includes the following features
Listen - a read-along feature designed to support auditory learners is available in every course. This feature is available at the top of every topic page. Simply click on the "play" icon and start listening.
Comprehensive Grade Book
Save valuable time by eliminating the need to create additional lessons. All MSi courses generate grades automatically from students as they complete knowledge checks, practice activities, quizzes, and projects. These grades are automatically entered into the MSi LMS (Learning Management System). You can easily import these grades into your district's grade book.
Assessments to Track Progress
Easily measure your students learning gains and identify any knowledge gaps. At the beginning of every chapter, there is a pre-assessment. Once students have completed the chapter there will be a post-assessment. You’ll see these scores immediately so you can proceed accordingly.
To make it easier to concentrate, MSi offers a Focus Mode. This tool removes elements on the page that can be distracting. We’ve found this feature to be very helpful, particularly for visual learners.
Course Completion Badge
Share accomplishments! Upon completion of the course with a grade of 80% or higher, students are eligible for a course completion badge that is designed to be displayed on LinkedIn and other social media channels.
Course Completion Certificate
Showcase success! After completion of the course with a grade of 80% or higher, students are eligible for a printable course completion certificate.
- Chapter 1: Understanding How Electronic Communication Works
- Topic 1A: – Getting Started with Electronic Mail
- Activity 1.1 Knowledge Check
- Topic 1B: – Components of an Email Message
- Virtual Activity 1.2 Components of an Email
- Topic 1C: – Attach a File
- Virtual Activity 1.3 Create a New Message and Attach a File
- Topic 1D: – Email Organization
- Virtual Activity 1.4 Managing Folders
- Virtual Activity 1.5 Junk Email
- Project 1: Knowledge Check
- Chapter 2: Managing the Calendar
- Topic 2A: The Calendar Ribbon in Outlook
- Virtual Activity 2.1 Navigating the Calendar Ribbon
- Topic 2B: Appointments
- Virtual Activity 2.2 Configure a Recurring Appointment
- Topic 2C: Share a Calendar
- Virtual Activity 2.3 Share Calendar Via Email
- Topic 2D: Create and Manage Labels – Google
- Virtual Activity 2.4 Create a Label
- Topic 2E: Google Calendars and Events
- Virtual Activity 2.5 Create an Event
- Project 2: Knowledge Check
- Chapter 3: Social Media
- Topic 3A: Blogs Wikis and Internet Forums
- Activity 3.1 Knowledge Check
- Topic 3B: The Digital Footprint
- Activity 3.2 Knowledge Check
- Topic 3C: Cyberbullying
- Activity 3.3 Knowledge Check
- Topic 3D: Internal Versus Open Media Sites
- Activity 3.4 Knowledge Check
- Chapter 3: Project
- Chapter 4: Knowledge of the Web
- Topic 4A: Web Terminology
- Activity 4.1 Knowledge Check
- Topic 4B: Evaluating a Website
- Activity 4.2 Knowledge Check
- Topic 4C: Components of a Webpage
- Virtual Activity 4.3 Identify the Navigation Bar on a Webpage
- Topic 4D: Securing your Web Browser
- Virtual Activity 4.4 Establish the Home Button
- Virtual Activity 4.5 Securing Your Browser
- Project 4: Configure Google as a Startup page
- Chapter 5: Online Activity
- Topic 5A: Online Conference Offerings
- Virtual Activity 5.1 Using Skype to Chat
- Topic 5B: Streaming Versus Downloading
- Activity 5.2 Knowledge Check
- Topic 5C: Video, Live and Audio Streaming
- Activity 5.3 Knowledge Check
- Topic 5D: Posting Online
- Activity 5.4 Knowledge Check
- Project 5: Knowledge Check
Support you can depend on*
*Our exceptional customer support is always included. Fine print not needed.
At MSi, we are dedicated to your success. We want you to feel comfortable coming to us to ask questions. This is what we do for a living, and we love our job! Our helpful customer support team is based in the United States, friendly, and ready to assist. We are here to help you through the entire process. We’ll give you detailed instructions to enroll your students, set up your courses, and answer any questions you may have along the way. MSi takes pride in providing customer support you can depend on.
WHAT OUR TEACHER'S SAY
MSi has it all. They can offer you everything. They offer the curriculum, They can give you everything every student needs.