Courseware for IC3 Sparks
This course provides a hands-on experience working inside Sparks, that will show competency at an industry associate-level and is college and career ready. You will be able to demonstrate the correct application of the principal features of Sparks and complete tasks independently.
With a focus on those new to the digital landscape, the IC3 Spark certification addresses the same foundational concepts as its precursor – the IC3 Digital Literacy Certification. While both certifications target issues arising from the increasing demands of technology, IC3 Spark is created for those who may be new to computers and the Internet, or who lack a solid foundation in digital concepts.
Includes the following features
Each course includes a complete e-textbook. The topics are chunked and embedded. Ideal for informing discussions or assigning homework.
Listen - a read-along feature designed to support auditory learners is available in every course. This feature is available at the top of every topic page. Simply click on the "play" icon and start listening.
Comprehensive Grade Book
Save valuable time by eliminating the need to create additional lessons. All MSi courses generate grades automatically from students as they complete knowledge checks, practice activities, quizzes, and projects. These grades are automatically entered into the MSi LMS (Learning Management System). You can easily import these grades into your district's grade book.
Assessments to Track Progress
Easily measure your students learning gains and identify any knowledge gaps. At the beginning of every chapter, there is a pre-assessment. Once students have completed the chapter there will be a post-assessment. You’ll see these scores immediately so you can proceed accordingly.
To make it easier to concentrate, MSi offers a Focus Mode. This tool removes elements on the page that can be distracting. We’ve found this feature to be very helpful, particularly for visual learners.
Course Completion Badge
Share accomplishments! Upon completion of the course with a grade of 80% or higher, students are eligible for a course completion badge that is designed to be displayed on LinkedIn and other social media channels.
Course Completion Certificate
Showcase success! After completion of the course with a grade of 80% or higher, students are eligible for a printable course completion certificate.
- Chapter 1: Core Computing Characteristics
- Topic 1A: Computer Characteristics
- Activity 1.1 Knowledge Check
- Topic 1B: Local Storage and Cloud Storage
- Activity 1.2 Knowledge Check
- Topic 1C: Operating System Software
- Activity 1.3 Knowledge Check
- Topic 1D: Managing Files and Folders
- Video 1.4 Create a New Folder In File Explorer
- Virtual Activity 1.4 Create a New Folder in File Explorer
- Virtual Assessment 1.4 Create a New Folder in File Explorer
- Virtual Project 1 Create a New Folder Move image to Folder
- Chapter 2: Word Processing Activities
- Topic 2A: Word Processing Tools
- Virtual Activity 2.1 Identify Items
- Topic 2B: Cut, Copy and Paste
- Virtual Activity 2.2 Copy and Paste
- Topic 2C: Images
- Virtual Activity 2.3 Insert an Image
- Topic 2D: Inserting a Table
- Virtual Activity 2.4 Insert a Table
- Topic 2E: Using Spellcheck
- Virtual Activity 2.5 Use Spellcheck
- Project 2: Knowledge Check
- Chapter 3: Presentation Software
- Topic 3A: Insert a Slide
- Virtual Activity 3.1 – Insert a Slide
- Virtual Activity 3.2 Use Slide Sorter
- Topic 3B: Slide Layout
- Virtual Activity 3.3 – Change Slide Layout
- Topic 3C: Using SmartArt
- Virtual Activity 3.4 Identify SmartArt
- Topic 3D: Using the Slide Show Tab
- Virtual Activity 3.5 Play Slide Show from Current Slide
- Virtual Activity 3.6 Play Slide Show from Beginning
- Project 3: Knowledge Check
- Chapter 4: Database Applications
- Topic 4A: The Excel Application Window
- Virtual Activity 4.1 Identify Rows
- Virtual Activity 4.2 Identify Columns
- Topic 4B: The Name Box, Data and Rows and Columns
- Virtual Activity 4.3 Insert a Row
- Virtual Activity 4.4 Insert a Column
- Topic 4C: Text Alignment
- Virtual Activity 4.5 – Wrap Text
- Topic 4D: Basic Formulas
- Project 4: Knowledge Check
- Chapter 5: Digital Communication
- Topic 5A: E-mail and Real – Time Communication
- Video 5.1 – Address and Attach a File to E-Mail
- Virtual Activity 5.1 Address and Attach a File to E-mail
- Topic 5B: Digital Citizenship
- Activity 5.2 Knowledge Check
- Topic 5C: Safe Online Activity
- Activity 5.3 Knowledge Check
- Topic 5D: Managing Attachments
- Activity 5.4 Knowledge Check
- Project 5: Knowledge Check
Support you can depend on*
*Our exceptional customer support is always included. Fine print not needed.
At MSi, we are dedicated to your success. We want you to feel comfortable coming to us to ask questions. This is what we do for a living, and we love our job! Our helpful customer support team is based in the United States, friendly, and ready to assist. We are here to help you through the entire process. We’ll give you detailed instructions to enroll your students, set up your courses, and answer any questions you may have along the way. MSi takes pride in providing customer support you can depend on.
WHAT OUR TEACHER'S SAY
MSi has it all. They can offer you everything. They offer the curriculum, They can give you everything every student needs.