Courseware for Word Expert
This course provides a hands-on experience working inside Word Expert, that will show competency at an industry associate-level and is college and career ready. You will be able to demonstrate the correct application of the principal features of Word Expert and complete tasks independently.
Designed to help you get certified
MSi’s courseware prepares you for the Microsoft Office Specialist Exam. The exam is a 50-minute exam that can be administered remotely by MSi or through a local testing center. Being certified as a Microsoft Office Specialist demonstrates you have the skills needed to get the most out of Office.
MSi is a Microsoft Certified Partner
Includes the following features
Learn Inside the Application!
You heard that right. Our innovative In-App Functionality allows students to learn directly within the actual program. MSi courses provide comprehensive step-by-step written and animated instructions to guide them along. What better way to learn than by doing? This is not a tedious video lecture course. Students won’t be watching along as someone else uses the software. MSi allows them to drive in the actual software. We believe this is a more engaging and effective way to learn.
Listen - a read-along feature designed to support auditory learners is available in every course. This feature is available at the top of every topic page. Simply click on the "play" icon and start listening.
Comprehensive Grade Book
Save valuable time by eliminating the need to create additional lessons. All MSi courses generate grades automatically from students as they complete knowledge checks, practice activities, quizzes, and projects. These grades are automatically entered into the MSi LMS (Learning Management System). You can easily import these grades into your district's grade book.
Assessments to Track Progress
Easily measure your students learning gains and identify any knowledge gaps. At the beginning of every chapter, there is a pre-assessment. Once students have completed the chapter there will be a post-assessment. You’ll see these scores immediately so you can proceed accordingly.
To make it easier to concentrate, MSi offers a Focus Mode. This tool removes elements on the page that can be distracting. We’ve found this feature to be very helpful, particularly for visual learners.
Each course includes animated instructions allowing students to see each step of a lesson as they are working - a helpful reference tool.
Course Completion Badge
Share accomplishments! Upon completion of the course with a grade of 80% or higher, students are eligible for a course completion badge that is designed to be displayed on LinkedIn and other social media channels.
Course Completion Certificate
Showcase success! After completion of the course with a grade of 80% or higher, students are eligible for a printable course completion certificate.
- Chapter 1: Learning Objectives
- Topic 1A: Modifying Existing Documents and Templates
- Practice 1.1: Use a Template to Create a Document
- Quiz 1.1: Use a Template to Create a Document
- Topic 1B: Compare and Combine Multiple Documents
- Practice 1.2: Compare and Combine Multiple Documents
- Quiz 1.2: Compare and Combine Multiple Documents
- Topic 1C: Preparing Documents for Collaboration
- Practice 1.3: Restrict Editing
- Quiz 1.3: Restrict Editing
- Topic 1D: Protect Tracking Changes with a Password
- Practice 1.4: Protect a Document with a Password
- Quiz 1.4: Protect a Document with a Password
- Topic 1E: Language Options
- Practice 1.5: Set Proofing Language
- Quiz 1.5: Set Proofing Language
- Project 1
- Chapter 2: Learning Objectives
- Topic 2A: Find and Replace Formatting Styles
- Practice 2.1: Use Find and Replace to Replace a Style
- Quiz 2.1: Use Find and Replace to Replace a Style
- Topic 2B: Wildcards and Special Characters
- Practice 2.2: Use Find and Replace to Replace Special Characters
- Quiz 2.2: Use Find and Replace to Replace Special Characters
- Topic 2C: Layout Options
- Practice 2.3: Line Numbering
- Quiz 2.3: Line Numbering
- Practice 2.4: Automatically Hyphenate the Document
- Quiz 2.4: Automatically Hyphenate the Document
- Topic 2D: Paragraph Subgroup
- Practice 2.5: Configure Pagination
- Quiz 2.5: Configure Pagination
- Topic 2E: The Style Gallery
- Practice 2.6: Create a New Character Style
- Quiz 2.6: Create a New Character Style
- Project 2
- Chapter 3: Learning Objectives
- Topic 3A: Building Blocks
- Practice 3.1: Create a Signature and Save to Quick Parts Gallery
- Quiz 3.1: Create a Signature and Save to Quick Parts Gallery
- Practice 3.2: Create a New Building Block Strategy Footer
- Quiz 3.2: Create a New Building Block Strategy Footer
- Topic 3B: Themes
- Practice 3.3: Create and Save a New Theme
- Quiz 3.3: Create and Save a New Theme
- Topic 3C: Style Sets
- Practice 3.4: Save a New Style Set
- Quiz 3.4: Save a New Style Set
- Topic 3D: Indexes
- Practice 3.5: Indexes
- Quiz 3.5: Indexes
- Practice 3.6: Update an Index
- Quiz 3.6: Update an Index
- Topic 3E: Insert a Caption
- Practice 3.7: Insert a Caption
- Quiz 3.7: Insert a Caption
- Project 3
- Chapter 4: Learning Objectives
- Topic 4A: Content Controls
- Practice 4.1: Insert a Date Picker Control
- Quiz 4.1: Insert a Date Picker Control
- Topic 4B: Macros
- Practice 4.2: Create a Macro
- Quiz 4.2: Create a Macro
- Practice 4.3 Edit a Macro Name
- Quiz 4.3 Edit a Macro Name
- Topic 4C: Mail Merge
- Practice 4.4: Create a Mail Merge
- Quiz 4.4: Create a Mail Merge
- Project 4
K-12 Specific Features
Students self enroll and register using an easy to use token registration key provided to teachers. Students are automatically added to period groups.
Password reset options are emailed to teachers to allow teachers to reset a student’s password.
Grade reporting allows students and teachers to view grades. Includes a comprehensive gradebook which allows grades that can be exported to a CSV or Excel file. Grades can be imported into your district or institutions gradebook.
Classes are branded for the institution or instructor with a custom logo.
Focused on the industry certification domain objectives.
Support you can depend on*
*Our exceptional customer support is always included. Fine print not needed.
At MSi, we are dedicated to your success. We want you to feel comfortable coming to us to ask questions. This is what we do for a living, and we love our job! Our helpful customer support team is based in the United States, friendly, and ready to assist. We are here to help you through the entire process. We’ll give you detailed instructions to enroll your students, set up your courses, and answer any questions you may have along the way. MSi takes pride in providing customer support you can depend on.
WHAT OUR TEACHER'S SAY
MSi has it all. They can offer you everything. They offer the curriculum, They can give you everything every student needs.